For Sale — Sold!
18 Jul 2002 — This car has been sold. Sorry you missed it. I was sorry to see it go.
Why am I selling my car? I've decided I can afford both a practical, comfortable street car and a tight, unmannered track car with stiff coil-overs and a radical alignment. My 928 has served double-duty most ably but it's too impractical for me to move to full-time street duty and too nice to move to dedicated track duty. Therefore I am selling it to fund my track car project.
I've decided to stick with Porsche. I would like to find a decent, light-weight Euro S on the cheap (don't need an interior at all and a little body damage is easily mended) and have a 928 track car. However I realize how a cheaper, lighter 951 with its wide performance parts availability makes more sense in that capacity.
Please follow these links for pertinent information on the specifications and condition of this car. It is located in Austin, Texas and currently has 122,000 miles on the odometer. Please don't let the mileage scare you away because I have put a lot of money and work into it to bring it into better condition that when I bought it.
Rare Options and other plusses:
- 5-speed, very rare in an S4
- Supple leather option, not perforated
- 12-way adjustable electric seats with 3 memory settings and cushion heaters
- Everything works very well with the exception of the electric hatch release.
- The engine does not leak either oil or coolant.
- Zero rust Central Texas car
- Spotless inside and out, especially engine compartment
- Dash and pod in excellent condition, no cracks or shrinkage
- Driven daily until recently (bought a new daily driver)
- Clean CARFAX VIN: WP0JB0929JS861573
- There is a slight rip in driver's left side bolster from the previous owner. It hasn't grown since I bought the car.
- The front rubber spoiler is missing from the previous owner.
Other items of interest:
- This car was featured in the premiere issue (April '98) issue of Stuttgart Magazine.
- 17" GTS replica wheels and wide tires, show off those whopper brakes! Also included are the 16" ROH wheels on the car when I bought it. I would be willing to sell with the 16" wheels alone at a lower price.
- New P275/40/17 Kumho tires
- Original owner's manual
- New car cover
- Top of the line Clifford anti-car-jacking alarm system, great insurance discount
- Synthetic lubricants
That's it. I have all service records from approximately 70K miles. I do not have service records from the previous two owners. I have put more than $16,000 into this car. That's $16,000 worth of headaches you won't have to worry about. Please see the maintanence section for details. I have all the working original parts I've replaced like the secondary muffler as well as oil filters and crush rings for the sump plug that will go with the car.
Please see my page on purchasing a used 928. Get anything you're seriously considering thoroughly inspected by a qualified 928 mechanic. I can give recommendations for 928 specialists in the Austin area with which I have had direct experience and relate tales of those recommended by 928 friends.